Thank you to the wonderful Kelly at Why We Play Games for the nomination! I haven’t done one of these for a while and it was great fun.
- Display the logo
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers
- Ask these bloggers 7 questions
Questions and Answers
What is your favorite video game genre?
RPGs all the way. I love games where you can make your own character and really become a part of the world, It’s so immersive.
What is your favorite music genre?
I am happy to listen to a bit of everything (with some exceptions) but my overall favourite would be Alternative Rock.
What games do you play when you want to relax?
Generally games that are nostalgic and have more cartoony vibes. Like Stardew Valley, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda (Wind Waker rather than Breath of the Wild for relaxing)… Right now Spyro is the go-to.
What are your favorite hobbies?
I’ve always been really bad for having too many hobbies and finding I don’t have any time to myself trying to do them all and since lockdown started I’ve been using it to reevaluate what I actually enjoy most. Anything that I don’t actually do that much while I have all the time I’ll ever have, I won’t worry myself about in the future. So, taking that into consideration my favourite hobbies would be:
- Gaming: You may think “duh, obviously” but since we’ve been indoors and I’ve had so much more time to play I have come to the realisation that I really love gaming. Before all of this I was playing maybe a couple of hours a week when I got some time and feeling kind of guilty when I did but I really do love it, it’s relaxing, sometimes it makes me think, sometimes it challenges me, sometimes I play with friends and family and it’s a good time, it’s made me want to write again. I missed it a lot and I’m really enjoying getting re-acquainted with it. When this is all over I just need to keep this frame of mind with it and not let myself feel guilty for spending a lot of time on it.
- Pole Dancing: This is the main way I keep fit. Since I started it my confidence has built so much and I’m so much fitter and stronger than I used to be. It’s so much fun as well.
- Sewing: I don’t sew that often but it is a great skill to have and has come in handy more than I would have ever thought. I like having the ability to make things that no one else has. I went through a bit of a leggings phase after Xmas and that’s what I’ve been making a lot of since (I have way too many clothes, I can’t justify making more right now, but leggings are wonderful lockdown and exercise wear). Here I am in my Shark leggings!
What shows or movies are you watching right now?
In terms of TV shows Community, Ru Paul’s Drag Race (Gigi or Heidi for the win!), and I’ve just started watching Modern Family from the beginning.
I really like 80s movies. Recently we watched Top Gun (not really for me), When Harry met Sally (amazing movie), and Good Morning Vietnam (super amazing). Got any recommendations for some more?
What is your favorite video game and/or TV series?
That’s a tough one… I’ll say God of War because I just started playing the newer one again recently. I wrote about it before and was kind of disappointed. Actually, reading that post back (I don’t want to link to it because I’m embarrassed) I really attack it and playing through it again with less of a nit-picky, critical eye I don’t really know why I was so aggressive when I wrote about it, maybe I should do a review of my review. Anyway, it’s such a good game (as are the previous 3) and I didn’t realise quite how much I knew about it until my boyfriend started asking me questions about it and I just went off on one for ages about the whole previous trilogy and all the related Greek and Norse mythology.
My favouritie TV series is probably Spaced. Though I have many favourite series like New Girl, Brooklyn 99, How I Met your Mother they all suffer from being American which means the finales are terrible (except Brooklyn 99 which hasn’t got a finale yet, fingers crossed it’s a good one). Spaced is a British comedy that brought Simon Pegg to the screen. It’s funny, nerdy, and delightfully weird. It’s also directed by Edgar Wright (of Hot Fuzz, Sean of the Dead, Baby Driver, Scott Pilgrim vs The World…) so if you like that sort of thing do give it a go.
What helps you feel calm?
I live near the beach and I like walking down there on a nice day to watch the waves and chill for a bit.
- How have you been spending your time recently?
- Where are you going to go to eat when we can go out to eat again? (I’m thinking of this amazing burger place right now and I am really looking forward to it *drool*)
- What was the last movie you watched?
- What brightens your day?
- Recommend a Netflix/Prime/Disney+ show to watch!
- Do you have a song that gets you pumped up?
- What is your favourite sweet treat?
I’m quite late in responding to this nomination so I’m not sure who has been nominated by others and who hasn’t so if you read this post then consider yourself nominated!