Good news! I’ve been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by The Shameful Narcissist. Thank you very much! When I first started blogging I didn’t realise how much of a community existed between bloggers and I was a little nervous about starting out but the amount of feedback and encouragement I’ve received since I joined has been wonderful and these awards that go around are a great way to find out about new blogs and encourage everyone to keep writing.
The Shameful Narcissist is a great blog with fanfiction, gaming and lots of other geeky things that I enjoy reading about, take a look at her blog if you haven’t already!
So let’s get started!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people (I don’t really know that many yet so I’ll go with 5)
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s)
So what is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The award was created by blogger Okoto Enigma and in her words : “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
3 things about me
- I am a market researcher by day (any video game companies out there that need a market researcher, please get in touch!) blogger by night and weekends.
- I was sorted into Hufflepuff on Pottermore. I am proud of this and think it’s very accurate. Hufflepuff pride!
- I am a firm believer in putting pineapple on pizza, and will fight anyone who says otherwise
The Shameful Narcissist’s question
1. The Doctor shows up in the Tardis. Are you going to the future or the past? How far would you go in either direction?
I am so glad there is a Doctor Who question in here, I’m a massive fan. I think I would go to the past because I would be a bit worried that if I went to the future I might see something about the fate of the world I don’t like and wouldn’t be able to go back the present knowing that it was going to happen. I would love to go back to ancient Greece, I really like Greek mythology and going back to the time they were set would be amazing although I’m aware that they didn’t actually happen (or did they? Maybe Pegasus was an alien and the Doctor took him back to his home planet, I guess we’ll never know…).
2. Barring black or white, if you had to wear one color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
I kind of change my go to colour every so often but at the moment it’s probably blue. I made a blue dress with foxes on it and I always get complimented on it so it’s my current favourite.
3. Tea or coffee?
Definitely tea. I am a huge tea fan and I can’t stand the taste of coffee, I wish I could drink it though because the different flavours always sound so good.
4. Do you prefer urban, rural, or suburban?
Suburban. I like to be somewhere which is built up enough to have some nightlife and things to do, places to go, etc but can also be quite quiet and isn’t far from some nice countryside. At the moment I’m living in London and I go to visit my boyfriend in Dorset every other weekend, if it wasn’t for those little breaks in the countryside I’d probably go mad from cement, pollution and just so many people everywhere.
5. What do you think there should be a wiki for that there isn’t already (I guess this is the weird question)?
This is tough as there’s a wiki for pretty much everything isn’t there? I’m not sure… Maybe pizza wiki? It would tell you about different bases and sauce types, lists of potential toppings with recommendations for other ingredients that would complement your favourite ones and introduce you to some new ones that are especially weird and wonderful.
My Best Post
I’m not sure if this means by views or personal. In terms of views it would be my post about Rezzed, but my favourite post to write so far has been my Bat Rant post, I just really like making lists and I got a carried away going off on a complaining tangent.
And the nominees are…
- Which house would you belong to in Harry Potter?
- If you could only watch one TV series for the rest of your life which would it be?
- Do you have a plan for the zombie apocalypse? If so, what is it? (this is the weird question)
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What is the last book you read?
I had great fun answering these questions! Thanks again!